These waffles are crispy on the outside, fluffy in the middle with a hint of cinnamon for that pop of flavor and aromatics. Who doesn't love a tasty waffle in the morning am I right? Easily mix up your breakfast by adding a variety of different toppings such as whipped cream, maple syrup, fresh fruit, butter, jam or create a delicious dessert version with a big scoop of ice cream on top. Get creative and make a savory version by adding your favorite herbs such as basil or oregano, simply swap out the cinnamon and substitute as desired. I have made a scrumptious crispy chicken sandwich using waffles as the bread, and it was amazing! let me know what you think. Would love to hear from you.
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon (or herb of choice)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Milk
- Preheat your waffle iron while you prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk all your dry ingredients together.
- Separate your eggs and set the yolks aside. In a separate bowl, whip your egg whites until stiff peaks form, then set aside. (Save some time and use an electric mixer here)
- In another bowl, whisk together your remaining wet ingredients including the egg yolks.
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients together until incorporated, then fold in your egg whites.
- Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray or brush with butter, then ladle the batter into your prepared waffle iron. Cook until crispy and golden brown.
TIP- When your waffle is cooked, using a fork flip it over and cook for additional minute or two to make it extra crispy. For whatever reason, I have found one side tends to get crispier then the other on all the waffle irons I have tried. But that is an easy fix.
NOTE- if making a savory version reduce sugar by 1 Tablespoon.
Whether its Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!