Moist Apple Muffins
Loaded with apple chunks, swirls of cinnamon, and a crispy sugar coating, its delicious to say the least. Make them perfectly moist by opting to shred 1 of the 3 apples allowing some of the apple to melt right into the batter. These muffins are not only moist, but also light and not too sweet. I would happily eat one for a quick breakfast or dessert. Another perk is the amazing smell these little guys make while they bake. The first time I attempted an apple muffin recipe, they came out a bit too dry. I tweaked it just right including swapping out butter for oil, which made a big difference. Give them a try and let me know what you think. PS, sorry if I offended any one who hates the word MOIST.
Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Peeled Apples, ( dice 2 and grate 1 apple)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk with 1 tsp Vinegar. (OR 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup Apple sauce)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Grease or line one 12 muffin pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredient except sugar.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk together oil and sugar, then add eggs, milk and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to the dry stirring together just until combined.
- Fold in the shredded and diced apple pieces
- Fill muffin tray to just below the top.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon for topping, then sprinkle a light coating on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!
Check out my You Tube channel "Sweet and Savoury @hollysrecipes22" to see how this recipe was made and others.