Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe featuring a buttery flavor with both crispy edges and a soft center, its the best of both worlds. You can also use the base of this recipe to make other cookies such as raisin, nut or white chocolate.
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda Dissolved in 2 tsp hot water
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet of Milk Chocolate Chips (or alternative ingredient)
- Optional: add 1/2 tsp baking powder if you prefer a taller cookie (images are of cookies without baking powder)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Prepare a large cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a stand mixer, add your butter and sugar then cream together using a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder (if using). In a small bowl, add baking soda and water together and stir.
- Add dissolved baking soda and flour to the butter mixture. Combine over medium low speed. Add 2 Cups of chocolate chips (or alternative) and stir together until combined.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop cookie batter onto pan like shown in picture above. Batter will spread so leave some room to allow for this.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cookies to rest 1 to 2 minutes on the pan before transfer to a cooling wrack.
- Once cooled, store in an air tight container.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!