Tender, fall apart, juicy roast beef. Made easy using a crock-pot to slow cook your beef roast until cooked to perfection. Add even more flavor by marinating your beef before cooking. Place it in an air tight container or Zip Lock bag with your marinade, and let it sit for 2 hours or over night. Don't forget to sear the roast before placing it in the crock pot to maximize flavor and retain moisture. Use up all those delicious cooking liquids and make a scrumptious gravy to go on top. We enjoy this roast with a sided of my baked mashed potatoes. (see link for recipe, https://www.sweetandsavoury.ca/post/the-best-mashed-potatoes )
6 Carrots, peeled and sliced
6 Potatoes, peeled and diced
6 Cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tbsp Basil
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
4 Bay Leaves
2 Cups Beef Broth (1 Carton)
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
2-3 Tbsp cornstarch and water (for gravy)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Spice (optional)
- Marinate the roast for 2 hours OR up to over night, with ingredients listed under "marinade Ingredients."
- Next, add to a crock pot, diced potatoes, carrots, onions and minced garlic. Add spices and beef stock.
- In a hot frying pan, sear all sides of the beef roast, then transfer into crock pot, setting on top of vegetables.
- Cover and leave for 6 hours on high. Flip roast over at the 3 hour mark.
- Remove meat from crock pot, pull apart or slice as desired.
- For the Gravy: Transfer cooking liquid from crock pot into a pot and add a slurry of cornstarch and water to the broth. Bring to a simmer and stir until thickened.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!
Check out the video on my you tube channel "Sweet and Savoury @hollysrecpes22"