This deep fried zucchini recipe is both quick and easy and requires very few ingredients. The best part about zucchini is that it will take on any flavor you apply to it. For this recipe we use strips of fresh zucchini and coat it in egg and a blend of panko and bread crumbs before deep frying until nice and crispy. You can enjoy these with soya sauce or an aioli of your choice. It would also work as an alternative to meat to make a crispy sandwich or as an alternative to chicken parmesan. The options are endless.
- Zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch and into strips
- 3 Eggs
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs (i use seasoned bread crumbs0
- 1 Cup Panko
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Cooking oil (vegetable) for deep frying
- Pre heat vegetable oil to 325F in a deep fryer or deep pan.
- Prepare your zucchini by cutting into 1/4 inch thick strips or rounds and set aside.
- Add to a bowl your bread crumbs, panko, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp Corn Starch. Blend together then set aside
- Add to a 2nd bowl your eggs, flour, and a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk together.
- Set up a breading station next to your deep fryer. Starting at the left with your zucchini, then the egg, then the bread crumb mix.
- Dip your zucchini strips in the eggs, shake off any excess then dip in the bread crumb mixture. Be sure to pack it onto the zucchini firmly. Drop carefully into hot oil and deep fry until lightly brown and crispy. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel or a cooling rack to allow excess to drip off.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with Love!