Updated: Nov 2
These dark chocolate brownies are super thick, chewy, gooey, moist and rich with chocolate flavor. Using dark cocoa powder is optional, but adds a deeper chocolate flavor then classic cocoa. Additionally, a few tablespoons of fresh brewed coffee, takes it to the next level. If you are a chocolate lover like me, then these are for you. Eating these reminded me of the scene from the movie "Bridesmaids" where they are at a restaurant eating chocolate cake and Lillian (Maya Rudolph) says " I don't need dental work!" showing a gob of chocolate covering her tooth giving the appearance that one is suddenly missing. I'm not gunna lie, I try to replicate this scene all the time. I hope you enjoy these drool worthy brownies as much as I did.
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
3 Tbsp Brewed Coffee
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray and line with parchment paper an 8 X 8 baking pan. (do not use a pan larger then this or they may end up over baking) - Whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, just until blended. Will be very thick. (do not over mix) - Pour into your prepared baking dish. Spread evenly in the dish using a spatula, then bake for 40 to 50 Minutes.
- You know it is done when the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the dish.
- Insert a toothpick and when it comes out with a few crumbs attached, it is ready. (Because brownies are sticky and moist, the tooth pick will not come out clean. If it does you have over baked them).
- Allow to cool in the baking dish for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Check out my you tube channel "Sweet and Savoury @hollysrecipes22" to see them being made.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!