Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Updated: Feb 13, 2022
Chocolate and peanut butter might just be one of the best flavor combos out there. Reeses peanut better cups is a classic treat and one of mine and my moms favorites. This is a recipe I developed a few years ago after yet again craving something sweet. I absolutely love putting these in the freezer to give them that extra crunchy bite. It quite literally melts in your mouth. You can make these in whatever shape or size you desire. Its super simple and worth the effort.
TIPS AND TRICKS - Freeze your treats so they stay nice and firm. - Freeze the peanut butter mixture after its been shaped so your melted chocolate has something to hold onto.
-If using molds, place your chocolate and peanut butter mixture into separate piping bags to make things easier. - I have made this recipe with and without the graham cracker crumbs. The first time I made it with the crumbs as is and it was a bit gritty in texture. So I tried it without it all together and it was very smooth and tasty but not firm in texture. This can make it a bit harder to form into shapes for dipping. With the crumbs ground up into a finer powder it changed the texture all together. try it both ways and see what you think.
- For best result, using your finger, after adding the first dollop of chocolate to your molds, spread some chocolate up the sides. this will create a cup to hold all the peanut butter inside.
- If you have enough molds, freeze in the molds for a couple hours before removing. WHAT YOU WILL NEED Double boiler/small pot with water and heat proof bowl, parchment paper, measuring spoons and cups, spatula, fork, stand mixer or whisk and food processor.
Ingredients: 2 Cups milk chocolate chips (can use semi sweet if preferred) 2 Tbsp shortening 1 1/2 Cups peanut butter 1/8 Tsp salt 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar 1/4 Cup Gram cracker crumbs (pulsed in food processor)
- Using your double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together.
- Pulse your gram cracker crumbs with a food processor into fine crumbs. - Whip peanut butter, salt, powdered sugar and gram cracker crumbs together using a mixer, just until smooth. - If using paper cups, pour a thin layer of chocolate in the bottom of the paper cup. Place in the freezer for 15 min. Then take them out of the freezer and add and dollop of peanut butter mixture and freeze again for 15min. Then remove from the freezer and add the final layer of chocolate. Freeze for 30 min or until chocolate is hard to the touch. This method is shown in the picture above.
- If doing a smaller sized cup without a paper cup. Shape out some peanut butter disks using your hands and place them on parchment paper. Freeze until hard. Remove from the freezer and using a fork, place the peanut butter disk on your fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Then return it back to your parchment paper and into the freezer to set. This method is shown in the photo below.
Check out the video on you tube
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love.