This is a classic take on a creamy homemade macaroni and cheese. With a thick and velvety cheese sauce, its great for the whole family. Makes a great side dish or why not make it the main course. Sometimes you just need a comforting bowl of macaroni. My kids love macaroni any time of day. Mix things up and add some extra ingredients such a broccoli, chicken or bacon.
4 Cups Elbow Noodles
4 Cups Milk 4 Cups Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese (plus extra for top)
3 tbsp Corn Starch
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/8 tsp Mustard Powder
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Pinch Salt and Pepper (check taste and add more as desired)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook elbow noodles just until al Dante.
- Add cold milk to a pot and stir in your corn starch. Turn heat on to medium heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in your shredded cheese until melted.
TIP: do not add your cheese with your pot over the heat or your cheese sauce will become gritty.
- In a large rectangular baking dish, add your noodles and cheese sauce and stir it all together. Top the noodles with an extra helping of cheese.
- Place in the oven under the broiler just to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with Love!