Updated: Feb 14
This Zucchini bread is so delicious. Warm it up and add a good slather of butter on top letting it melt into all the nooks and crannies. We love to add chocolate chips and extra cinnamon for more flavor. Zucchini is so versatile. Its a tasty companion for a stir fry and an even better combo for dessert. It some how makes me feel less guilty since vegetables are healthy am I right? If you have a garden you have probably run into the issue of too many zucchinis to know what to do with. Zucchini bread can solve that problem. Make a whole bunch of loaves to share with your family and friends, I'm sure they wont object.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- line your baking dish with parchment paper. I have made the mistake of not doing this in the past, and lets just say the loaf did not look like a loaf once I scraped it out of the pan.
- Make sure (with any baking) that your baking powder is not expired and was in a well sealed container. If you are finding your baked goods aren't rising to your satisfaction, this could be that your baking powder is old or gone bad.
- Eat it fresh out of the oven. I love how the edges are crispy when first removed from the oven. Instead of microwaving it to warm up a slice later. Try throwing a slice in your toaster oven.
- Give it a try as French toast. YUMMY is all I can say.
- If you made an abundance of loaves, wrap them up and seal in a freezer bag and save them for later in your freezer.
- Do not remove any of the extra liquid from your Zucchi, Just toss it in as is after shredding.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
2 Loaf pans (or more), bowl, whisk, spatula, measuring utensils, parchment paper, cheese grater or food processor (for grating zucchini) and a cooling rack.
3 large eggs
1 cup granular sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat your oven to 325 F
- Prepare 2 8'' x 4'' loaf pans lined with parchment paper
- In your mixer, beat eggs until frothy. Slowly add your sugar while continually beating on medium speed.
-Add in oil and vanilla. continue beating until thick and incorporated. Add zucchini.
-Mix together your dry ingredients, Flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually pour into your wet ingredients in your mixer, beating until combined.
- Lastly add chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Pour evenly into your loaf pans
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. Until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love.