Updated: Mar 2
Take your potatoes to the next level easily with this baked duchess potatoes recipe. Potatoes are the perfect blank vessel just waiting to be seasoned. Boasting a creamy garlic and herb flavor, a fluffy textured interior and a crispy exterior, its what potato lovers crave. Not only do I love potatoes, but my kids are also bit fans. They saw these and were like "that's not potatoes!" but once they tried them they weren't disappointed. Give these guys a try and add your own twist on the flavors.
- 8 medium white or yellow potatoes peeled diced and boiled
- 4 Egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp basil
- Pinch salt and pepper, plus salt for boiling potatoes
- 6 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 6-8 Tbsp Cream (or milk)
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese (optional)
- Boil diced and peeled potatoes in salted water, approximately 8 medium potatoes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Simmer together in a separate pot, butter, parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, pinch of salt and pepper, and 4 garlic cloves minced. ( Also add cream cheese to this mixture if desired)
- Drain and mash your potatoes, then add the warm liquid mixture. Once blended, add 4 egg yolks mashing right away so they don't scramble. Then add 6 tbsp cream/milk and add more if needed. Should be light and fluffy.
- Transfer Mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes just until crispy and golden brown on top.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!