Updated: Feb 16, 2022
This salmon is packed full of flavor and super easy to make. Topped with a smooth and creamy, cream cheese dill sauce, it makes salmon taste like a guilty pleasure and not a healthy piece of fish. A few years ago I randomly created this flavor combination and it has become one of our favorites. My oldest daughter really loves salmon and likely loves the cream cheese dill sauce even more. Everything is made better by a good sauce in my opinion. I would wager that this might even turn some salmon haters into lovers. Only one way to find out.
For the fish:
2 salmon fillets
3 to 4 tbsp dried dill
Sprinkling of salt and pepper
4 tbsp butter
For the sauce:
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp butter
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 tbsp dried dill ( can also use dill and lemon mix)
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat your salmon dry and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Coat the top of your salmon gently with butter. Then sprinkle salt, pepper and dill on top.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, start on the sauce. Place all the "sauce" ingredients in a pot. On medium to low heat, melt together until combined, stirring constantly.
- Once salmon is cooked, remove from the oven then add the drippings to your sauce.
- Simmer the sauce until drippings are incorporated.
- Pour over your salmon and enjoy.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love.
Check out my video creating this dish on my you tube channel "Sweet and Savoury @hollysrecipes22".