Drop Tea Biscuits
Updated: Feb 13, 2022
These little guys are seriously easy to make. These will quickly become one of your go to treats to make. They take very little effort or time to make. With a crispy/flakey exterior and a fluffy interior, they pair really well with a good slathering of butter. I love to make mine with cheese but you can add other flavor combinations such as raisin or chocolate chip. If you are going the sweet route, give them a little sprinkle of sugar on top right before going in the oven. I can remember making these in my first home almost weekly. A time before I had kids and life became a bit more busy. Now when I make these I think of my first home and its awesome purple walls. Always memories to be made with food. What are yours? Leave me a comment.
2 Cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup salted butter or shortening
1 cup milk
1 Cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients together.
- Add your butter and using a fork, mix until it looks like fine crumbs. May use your hands a a bit as well.
- Stir in the milk just until combined
- Add your cheese or other flavors. Approximately 1 cup.
- lightly Spray a non stick pan and drop tea Biscuits onto the pan using 2 spoons.
- Bake for 12 min or until lightly browned.
- Place on a cooling rack or eat them while they are hot.
Check out the video on my you tube channel "Sweet and Savoury @hollysrecipes22, " https://youtu.be/iiW10JAAPMo
or through my other social links.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love.