Updated: Feb 16, 2022
This recipe is made easy using your bread machine to proof the dough for you. With its buttery Brown sugar and cinnamon filling and a cream cheese frosting, you'll be left wanting more with this mouth watering treat. Be warned there will be a lot of finger licking going on while eating these. This is a recipe that I have been making for at least 10 years. Over the years I have altered it by adding vanilla to the dough and have experimented with making one giant cinnamon bun cake with finely chopped apples in the filling. It was trickier to time for baking but darn good if I don't say so myself.
Go ahead and get inspired to come up with your own flavour profile.
- One cup warm milk
- 2 Eggs, room temp
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed Brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter room temp
- 11/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine in the order listed above under "dough".
Select dough on your bread machine, then press start.
- In a separate bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- After dough has finished, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it into a 16 by 24" rectangular shape.
- Spread butter on top of dough in a thin layer, then sprinkle with your brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Next, roll your dough tightly together into a long tubular shape.
-Then evenly divide into individual rolls using a sharp knife or cake scraper .
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9 by 13" Pan cover and let rise until almost doubled in size approximately 30 minutes. (I like to leave a bit of space between the rolls to allow them to expand more and therefore I use 2 pans.)
- While you wait, preheat your oven to 400ﾟF.
- Bake rolls for 14 to 16 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together your cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, Vanilla extract and salt.
- Once the buns come out of the oven, drizzle your cream cheese frosting on top and Enjoy!
Whether its Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!