Best Ever Bread Machine Pizza
Updated: Apr 5, 2022
Who doesn't love a hot and cheesy slice of pizza? At my house, its a family favorite. We all tend to over eat when this pizza is on the menu resulting in a post meal nap. The girls love to have some "dippy sauce" on the side which is usually ranch salad dressing. My middle child loves to slather it into an unrecognizable blob and make a big mess of her high chair, but slice after slice they gobble it up. Yes you can buy pizza already made, and that is easy and fills your tummy, but homemade pizza is made the way you like it from the sauce to the toppings and even the crust. Thick crust, no crust, stuffed crust or garlic bread crust, these are all possibilities with this recipe. Made easy by utilizing a bread machine, you'll wonder why you didn't try this sooner.
Our family classic is pepperoni, green pepper, mozzarella and pan fried salt and pepper mushrooms.
BBQ chicken Pizza substitute classic pizza sauce with your favorite BBQ sauce and top with veggies, cheese and chicken. I like a mix of cheddar and mozzarella for this one.
Alfredo chicken pizza substitute tomato sauce for alfredo sauce and top with sweet onions, chicken, mushrooms, mozzarella and a dusting of cheddar cheese.
Garlic Bread crust - Brush your crust before it goes in the oven with a mix of cooking oil and garlic powder. Once removed from the oven sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Stuffed crust - Tuck some mozzarella string cheese in your crust if your looking for an extra stretchy stuffed crust or stuff with whatever cheese you have on hand.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- There isn't many secrets to making this pizza dough delicious but one trick I have adapted over the years is to allow the rolled dough to rest 10min after it is place in a greased non stick pizza pan (I use the ones with the holes throughout it). Doing this will allow your dough to rise a little bit again after rolling it out. If you prefer a more crispy and thin crust, then go ahead and bake it right away.
- If you want a thinner crust this dough can do 3 pizzas on the classic large round pizza pan. For a thicker crust you can do 2 large pizzas. I typically do 3 pizzas and allow the dough to rest for the 10min after rolling and it comes out the perfect thickness. Not to thin and not to thick, just right.
- Monitor your dough while it is mixing in the bread machine. If its not coming together smoothly add an extra tbsp of warm water. The extra splash of water will make the dough less chewy and more fluffy.
- Place your pepperoni on top of the cheese to allow it to crisp up in the oven.
- If you like that extra cheesy pizza, add an extra sprinkle to the top of your pizza when you remove it from the oven. This cheese will have a bit more of a stretchy consistency then the fully melted cheese.
What You Will Need:
2 to 3 pizza pans, oven, bread machine, measuring cups and bowls, floured surface and a rolling pin.
Best Ever Bread Machine Pizza
1 1/2 cup water (80 - 90F)
1 Tbsp granular sugar (or honey)
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Tsp salt
4 1/2 Cups all purpose flour (or bread flour)
2 Tsp bread machine yeast (or instant yeast)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Add listed ingredients to your bread machine in the order written above.
- Select the dough setting on your bread machine, then press start. Monitor for consistency and add a tbsp of warm water if it appears too dry.
- Once bread machine is finished, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide equally into 2 or 3 balls as desired.
- Roll the dough out to the size of your pizza pan and place on a sprayed/greased pizza pan.
- Allow dough to rest 10 min while you prepare your desired toppings
- Once topped, place in the oven on the middle rack, and back for 18 to 20min. Monitor closely the first time you make this pizza as every oven is different.
- Lastly, enjoy and try not to burn the ruff of your mouth on the hot lava cheese because you just cant wait to let it cool.
Check the video here
Whether its Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love.