Updated: Nov 2
I am a big fan of garlic, so naturally I like to add it to a lot of my cooking. This baked garlic asparagus recipe is very simple and only needs a few ingredients to make it happen. Fresh, green asparagus tossed in garlic, oil, salt and pepper. That's it! Simple but delicious. You can do the same for any other vegetable that you think would pair well with garlic such as broccoli, diced potatoes or maybe a variety of vegetables mixed together. This will make a great side dish along side pretty much any meal.
- 2 Bunches Asparagus
- 4 to 6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Clean your asparagus, and removed the woody end. It should snap when bent write where you need it. (if the asparagus is on the larger side, using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer layer off of the lower end of the stock)
- Mix oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Toss asparagus in the oil mixture and spread out on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400F, just until a fork can be inserted but still a bit crunchy.
- And that's it! Super easy right? Try this next to my baked chicken recipe or perhaps a marinated steak on the BBQ.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!