4 Gala Apples, Peeled and diced
1 Tbsp lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Water
1 Tbsp Honey
1Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Add butter and prepared apples to a deep sauce pan and sauté together just until butter has melted.
- Add lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and sugar to the apples. Cook stirring occasionally until apples have softened but are still slightly firm.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the water and corn starch to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the sauce pan stirring constantly. Simmer until thickened. (Please note, this will thicken a bit more after cooling.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Add to your desired dessert such as pie, cake, waffles or maybe on a big bowl of ice cream.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with Love!