These easy zucchini, tomato and feta cheese pinwheels, are easy to make and make a delicious vegetarian appetizer. If you find yourself in the predicament of having too much zucchini on hand and are bored with your usual creations, give these a try. Or mix it up and create a variety of fillings, such a bocconcini, cucumber and spinach, or make a zucchini wrapped sushi roll with some rice, carrot and cucumber strips. The wonderful thing about zucchini is it is so versatile and melds well with any flavors it is put into. These Pinwheels are best enjoyed warm but can also be eaten cold making them a great take away snack for lunches or to bring to a party. They only take approximately 20 minutes to make start to finish with only 10 minutes cook time, you will be snacking on these little guys in no time.
Flavour Options to Mix Things Up:
(Drizzle all of these variations with vegetable oil and bake at 400F for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Goat cheese and sautéed button mushrooms with caramelized onions.
- Imitation sushi with Rice, carrot and cucumber.
- Bocconcini cheese, spinach, and tomatoes tossed in balsamic vinegar.
- Goats Cheese and wilted spinach
- Sausage and cheddar cheese
- 1 Zucchini, Peeled and cut into strips
- 1 Large Tomato, diced
- 1 Chunk Feta Cheese (approximately 1/2 Cup), Cubed
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Peel the skin off your zucchini. Then still using your peeler (or mandolin), make thin strips approximately 4 to 5 inches long or so.
- Toss your diced tomatoes in salt and pepper and set aside with your feta cheese cubes.
- Lay your zucchini strips out flat and add 2 cubes of tomato and 1 to 2 cubes of feta cheese on one end (depending on how wide your strips are you may be able to add more or less). Roll the zucchini up around the filling, then carefully place on your lined cookie sheet.
- Once they are all prepared and on the cookie sheet, drizzle or brush the tops with vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, just until warm and zucchini is tender.
- Can be served hot or cold
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with Love!