Updated: Sep 5
These quick and easy dinner rolls can be made in 30 minutes start to finish! These buns have a delicious slightly sweet taste and are perfectly fluffy on the inside. The smell that fills your home while these are baking is both comforting and mouth watering. I made these to go with my "Cheese burger soup" the other night and the kids were in love with it. Perfect for dipping or eating on it's own. Whatever you need dinner rolls for, these are sure to impress without taking up to much time or stress.
1 Cup Warm Water
⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp Yeast
1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
1 Tsp Salt
3 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
⅛ Cup Milk, Room Temperature
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Prepare and rectangular non stick baking pan by brushing all sides with butter.
- To a large bowl (or stand mixer bowl) add warm water, oil, sugar, and yeast. Stir together and let sit 5 to 8 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- Next add your beaten egg, softened butter, and salt.
- Using your dough attachment on you stand mixer, turn on low speed. Add the flour one cup at a time. Once the dough has come together into a ball, turn the dough out onto the counter and knead by hand for 5 minutes. (you can continuing to knead the dough using your stand mixer but I find by hand works the best.)
- Shape the dough into a long snake like shape and divide the dough into 15 to 18 even
pieces. Form them into balls, and place them in your greased pan. Cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rise for a minimum of 10 minutes in a warm place. Max rise time 30min.
- Lightly brush the tops with milk then bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Remove buns from the pan onto a cooling rack.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with Love!