Updated: Apr 6, 2022
Not much needs to be said about Nacho's. They are delicious! Crispy, and cheesy, with a savory gravy coated meat and little bit of spice from the jalapeños, it's mouth watering comfort food at it's best. There is nothing worse then getting a chip without cheese or any toppings on it or a limp chip. I get a little crazy when I make nachos, making sure every chips have cheese and toppings all over it. The secret to avoiding that dreaded wet chip... add the meat on at the very end. It is already hot and doesn't need to baked and potentially dried out in the oven. Sprinkle the meat on top as soon as it comes out of the oven and enjoy.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Nobody likes soggy chips, add the meat on top of the chips after baking, then top with an extra sprinkle of cheese.
- Mix up the flavor combination and add your favorite seasonings to the meat. Perhaps a Korean spice, or chili spice to shake things up a bit.
- 1lb beef pork mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp beef stock powder
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups or more of shredded cheese ( mozzarella)
- 1 tomato diced
- 10 or more sliced pickled jalapeño peppers, diced. (jarred pre sliced pickled jalapeños)
- salt and pepper to season meat
- Sauté onions and ground beef pork mix together until cooked. Add minced garlic cloves at the end, careful not to burn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In 1/2 cup of water, mix in beef stock powder and 1 tsp of corn starch making a slurry. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Simmer together until thickened. (This adds a Gravy like coating over the beef add flavor to you meat).
- Place corn chips evenly on lined cookie sheet sprinkling first with shredded cheese, (I use mozzarella) tomato's, and pickled jalapeño. Bake at 400F approximately 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with your meat. Add an extra sprinkle of cheese on top.
-Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Check out my you tube channel "Sweet and Savoury @hollysrecipes22" for more videos and tutorials.
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with love!