Updated: Nov 2
This delicious broccoli soup is creamy, savory and loaded with nutrients. Broccoli soup is one of those dishes I crave. Topped with shredded cheese, which melts right into the soup, its a perfect bite. Yuuummy, I could go for a bowl right now! You can make a soup with just about anything, so give this recipe a try and then get creative and try making different soups or mixing up the spice combinations.
- 2 Heads of broccoli, cleaned and rough chopped
- 1Tbsp Butter
- 3 Medium White Onions
- 1 Head of Garlic, minced
- 3 Large Carrots, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled, rinsed and diced
- 1 Can Mushroom slices
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 5 Tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese for Topping (optional)
- Prepare the required vegetables as listed above.
- To a large pot over medium heat, add a Tbsp or so of butter. Then add your diced onions and mushrooms. Fry for 2 minutes, then add your minced garlic stirring until aromatic (1min).
- Next add your water, chicken stock powder, and seasonings. Stir together then add remaining chopped vegetables.
- Cover and let simmer until all the vegetables and fork tender and falling apart. (Minimum 30 to 40 min)
- Remove pot from the heat and using a submersion blender, puree the soup together until smooth. Add cream and puree again until well combined.
- Spoon into serving bowls, then top with shredded cheese. (OR try it with a dollop of sour cream for a more tangy flavor)
Whether it's Sweet or Savoury, let it be made with Love!